- 12th: Robin & Clive play Cannongate
- Robin and Clive play St Andrews
- Johnny Cope
- Johnny Lad
- The Working Chap
- Hey Boys Do You
Think I'm Lying
- Joe Boyd is taken to see Robin and
Clive play a pub in Edinburgh.
- Sometime in 1966: The Temperance
Cafe in Falkirk which was the home of the local folk club.
- 2nd: Clive recorded at St Andrews
singing He Never Came Back and Devilish Mary.
- 20th: The Incredible String Band
travel to London to record the first album.
- 22nd: ISB booked to play Les
Cousins after they had finished recording. They turned up to
find they had been double booked. They were paid, but didn't get
- 28th: Probably the final night of
the Incredible Folk Clun in Sauchiehall Street in Glasgow. Note
that this was not closed as a fire risk.
- Release of
The Incredible String
- 12th: The Incredible String Band
play at the MacLellan Galleries in Sauchiehall Street. This was
promoted by Ian Ferguson under the auspices of the Temple
Cottage Folk Society. Bert Jansch was the headliner but he
failed to turn up. This was probably the last gig as a trio
before Robin left for Morocco.
- 4th: Albert Hall,
London. First concert outside Scotland at the Royal Albert Hall in
London supporting Tom Paxton and Judy Collins. The set included Chinese
- 5th: Free Trade Hall,
- 8th: Ulster Hall, Belfast.
- 12th: Birmingham Town Hall.